European Network of the Vegetable Research Institute
What is EUVRIN?
EUVRIN is an informal, voluntary organisation of research institutes which specialize in research, development, dissemination and extension in the vegetable production sector. It was created in 2014 by a European taskforce for research and innovation led by AREFLH and Freshfel.
The first meeting was held in February 2016, attended by representatives from Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The objectives of EUVRIN are the following:
- To establish and improve cooperation between vegetable research and development institutions and teams within Europe.
- To promote the exchange of information on vegetable research and development, in particular via specific Working Group meetings and the organization of International Workshops/Conferences.
- To enhance and facilitate coordinated research, development and technology transfer, focused on aiding and promoting sustainable vegetable production.
- To encourage cooperation projects funded by European programmes (e.g., Horizon, Interreg Cost Action, Prima).
- IPM for vegetable production
- Fertilization and irrigation
- Greenhouse crops
- European Mushrooms Working Group (EMushWG)
- Genetic resources, breeding and seed production